Check packages for functions and parameters

  • From: David Mitchell <DavidM@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2006 17:12:06 -0700

We have a third party application that we've layered our own asp.net app
on top of and the vendor periodically changes some functions around when
new releases come out.  In particular a function was recently moved from
one package to another.  They also sometimes change the parameters for a
given function that we rely on.  Our developer is looking for a way to
do some rudimentary unit testing to ensure we know when something has
changed.  The unit tests are being written in C#.  So far we've been
thinking of looking at all_source to check to see if a function is still
in a particular package but we've yet to come up with a good way to
check to see if the parameters have changed.  Anyone got any suggestions
while I continue my search?

David