Characterset Conversion

  • From: Scott Canaan <srcdco@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2014 20:23:13 +0000

I have a database that has to be converted from US7ASCII to AL32UTF8 before the
application can be upgraded.  I tried using the CSSCAN tool and it told me that
I can't do it that way because data would be lost.  I'm trying to figure out
how to run the dmu tool, but the instructions that I have from the vendor are
all for Windows servers and we run in Red Hat 6, so it isn't working.  The
database version is 11.2.0.3.  Has anyone fought through this (as it appears to
not be a simple task)?  If so, can you give me some pointers on how to make it
work?  Or is there a simpler way to do this?

Thank you,

Scott Canaan '88 (srcdco@xxxxxxx<mailto:srcdco@xxxxxxx>)
(585) 475-7886 - work
"Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it depends on what you put into it."
- Tom Lehrer