RE: Changing service auto to manual via batch

  • From: "Sweetser, Joe" <JSweetser@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 11:28:57 -0600

This reminded me of a nice use I discovered for the 'sc' command while
working on windows.  I was in an environment with many databases on a
single server (sometimes over 10) and I couldn't figure out which
"oracle.exe" process in Task Manager mapped to which database.  A little
frustrating at times, to be sure.  However, the sc command will return
the pid of the service and that makes it easy to map back.

To wit:

U:\>sc queryex oracleservicexe

SERVICE_NAME: oracleservicexe
        TYPE               : 10  WIN32_OWN_PROCESS
        STATE              : 4  RUNNING
                                (STOPPABLE,PAUSABLE,ACCEPTS_SHUTDOWN)
        WIN32_EXIT_CODE    : 0  (0x0)
        SERVICE_EXIT_CODE  : 0  (0x0)