Changing IPs on Rac nodes

  • From: Alex Octan <alex@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Oracle I List <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2010 00:44:22 -0300

Hi folks,

I have a RAC env running on VMWare for lab experiences at home. But I am
considering make a copy to another network which the netmaks is different,
so I wanted to change the IPs along nodes.

I wonder that I have to change the /etc/hosts file and the the ssh
authentication. But I guess that I have to change the VIP too, correct?
Do I have to worry about any other point?

I am using VMware v1, Oracle Linux5.5 and Oracle db 10.2.0.4.
At home the mask is 10.1.1.X ... at workplace it will be 10.197.81.X

Thanks in advance the advices.
Alex