RE: Changing DB_CACHE_SIZE to DB_BLOCK_BUFFERS

  • From: "Herring Dave - dherri" <Dave.Herring@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Christian Antognini" <Christian.Antognini@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 3 Sep 2006 16:09:37 -0500

I went through those hoops below because I incorrectly thought I had to
provide the sid value (never thought to try asterisk):

alter system reset sort_area_size scope = spfile sid = '...'
*
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-32010: cannot find entry to delete in SPFILE

Not sure what I'm missing, but at least I now know '*' works and will
definitely share that info!!  Thanks Chris!

Dave
-------------------------------------
Dave Herring, DBA
Acxiom Corporation
3333 Finley
Downers Grove, IL 60515
wk: 630.944.4762
<mailto:dherri@xxxxxxxxxx>

"When I come home from work and see those little noses pressed against
the windowpane, then I know I am a success" - Paul Faulkner

intended only for the use of the recipient named above, and may be
legally privileged.

communication is strictly prohibited.

of it from your computer system.

Thank you.