Changing Control Files

  • From: "Burton, Laura" <BurtonL@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2004 14:09:12 -0600

        I am trying to transfer a database from one server to another
and I want to delete 2 of the three control files before doing so.  In
earlier versions I would just go into the init.ora file and take out the
references.  However, I am in 9.2 going through the Enterprise Manager
and cannot figure out how to do this.  I found where you can edit the
parameter list and that the user must be on as sysdba.  I can even
update different parameters, but not the control file.  It just
highlights the field but won't let me change it.

        Does anyone know of a way to do this?

        Thank you in advance,

        Laura