Re: Change username in DBA_USERS

  • From: "Radoulov, Dimitre" <cichomitiko@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Chirag DBA" <chiragdba@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Oct 2005 19:14:48 +0200

http://asktom.oracle.com/pls/ask/f?p=4950:8:7572911208931976686::NO::F4950_P8_DISPLAYID,F4950_P8_CRITERIA:30020192108317

Regards,
Dimitre

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Chirag DBA
  To: Radoulov, Dimitre
  Cc: Oracle-L Freelists
  Sent: Saturday, October 01, 2005 7:12 PM
  Subject: Re: Change username in DBA_USERS

  I am unable to find the page you are looking of TOM Kyte. Can u send me the
URL?

  I was trying cause I knew someone has done this in past. just forgot the
"HOW" portion.

  Now the question is what will be the affect of doing this. I didn even find
anythinng about this in trace file.

  Is this the simple update for Oracle like any other schema. No way.

  Regards - Chirag

  On 10/1/05, Radoulov, Dimitre <cichomitiko@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
    There should be a reason for Tom Kyte's answer :O)

    <quote>
I'm surprised Tom let the one about updating the sys.user$ table slip by
without
any chiding. Wouldn't that be a strict no-no anyways?

Kashif

          Followup:
that would be strictly a no-no -- 100%

    </quote>