RE: Change database character set

  • From: Scott Canaan <srcdco@xxxxxxx>
  • To: Chris Taylor <christopherdtaylor1994@xxxxxxxxx>, Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2014 12:04:14 +0000

Actually, I’ve been considering doing something similar to this.  The 9 rows in
that table (out of about 20) that are affected were added in August and the
person that added them still has the original documents, so they could be
reloaded after the conversion.  I believe that what is in the HUGECLOB in that
table is just a word document that was cut and pasted into the field.

The only row that really concerns me is the one in SYS.REG$.

Scott Canaan ’88 (srcdco@xxxxxxx<mailto:srcdco@xxxxxxx>)
(585) 475-7886 – work                (585) 339-8659 – cell
“Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it depends on what you put into it.”
– Tom Lehrer