RE: Change NLS parameter in 9.2 on spfile

  • From: "Smith, Ron L." <rlsmith@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 10:25:03 -0500

Forgot the scope!

Thanks!
Ron

        -----Original Message-----
        From: oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Fuad Arshad
        Sent: Thursday, June 10, 2004 10:03 AM
        To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
        Subject: Re: Change NLS parameter in 9.2 on spfile

        alter system  set nls_<parameter_name>=<value> scope=spfile;

        "Smith, Ron L." <rlsmith@xxxxxxx> wrote:

                I am trying to change my NLS parameter in the init file.

                I am new to 9.2 and I am using an spfile.
                Can anyone help me with the syntax or procedure to make
this change?
                Should be simple, but it doesn't want to work.

                Thanks!
                Ron

                FAQ is at
//www.freelists.org/help/fom-serve/cache/1.html