Re: Change Management

  • From: "Connor McDonald" <mcdonald.connor@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2008 21:39:51 +0800

ITIL gone mad....I'm currently at a client where a report was
producing results in the wrong order (because an ORDER BY had been
omitted from the driving SQL).

But (at this client)..."code fix" is rated more serious (in the ITIL
world) than "data fix", namely, requires more red tape and more
approval...

So management opted to hack the data to fix the problem than the fix
the offending code...

Someone shoot me please...

--
Connor McDonald

"Semper in excremento, sole profundum qui variat"