Re: Change Hostname of target agent on EM 12c

  • From: Kellyn Pot'vin <kellyn.potvin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "backseatdba@xxxxxxxxx" <backseatdba@xxxxxxxxx>, "oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2013 15:42:01 -0800 (PST)

Its an easy thing to do from the OMS server using EMCLI, (Enterprise Manager
Command Line Interface) commands.  Once logged in, list_agent_property to get
the target for the host and then you should be able to set_agent_property to
correct the issue.

Hope this helps,
Kellyn

Kellyn Pot'Vin
Senior Technical Consultant
Enkitec
DBAKevlar.com
RMOUG Director of Training Days Conference

~Tombez sept fois, se relever huit!

On Monday, November 11, 2013 2:10 PM, Backseat DBA <backseatdba@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

We recently had to change the hostname of one of the servers my EM 12c is
monitoring.  What do I have to do to in EM 12c to recognize the new server
name?  Do I have to uninstall the agent and re-install?