Re: Certifiable Linux

  • From: "Ron Thomas" <rthomas@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 09:42:58 -0700

Novell has told SCO that it has now legal right to terminate IBMs license.  IBM
has no intention of
stopping the distribution of AIX.  Check www.groklaw.net for details.

Ron Thomas
Hypercom, Inc
rthomas@xxxxxxxxxxxx
"The box said I needed to have windows 98 or better...So I installed linux."

                      mladen@wangtrading

                      .com                      To:
oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

                      Sent by:                  cc:

                      oracle-l-bounce@fr        Subject:  Re: Certifiable Linux

                      eelists.org

                      02/24/2004 09:40

                      AM

                      Please respond to

                      oracle-l

On 02/24/2004 11:28:40 AM, "Norris, Gregory T [ITS]" wrote:
> I've seen a couple of articles which state essentially the same thing.  I
> didn't bookmark any of
them at the time, tho, so I can't provide links.

Of course, we should also be worried for the fate of our AIX boxes, because
SCO prohibited IBM the distribution of any form of Unix, including AIX. When
I read that, I looked through my window trying to spot any pigs flying around,
but there were none.