Re: Centralized names resolution

  • From: Jared Still <jkstill@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: topshot.rhit@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2006 15:48:24 -0800

You could consider just skipping tnsnames.ora and OID.

With 10g you get easy connect.

e.g. sqlplus scott/tiger@//someserver:1529/orcl

or if using the default 1521 port:
 sqlplus scott/tiger@//someserver/orcl

Here's an article on it:

http://blogs.ittoolbox.com/oracle/guide/archives/007295.asp?rss=1

If it will work with your apps, it would save you some trouble.

Jared

--
Jared Still