Re: CentOS & Oracle

  • From: troach@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: robertgfreeman@xxxxxxxxx,Suzy.Vordos@xxxxxxxxx,"oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 17:26:20 +0000

It works, as I've used it (not in production) but is it really supported?

If not, oracle support may support you initially but if its not an easy fix it
might be easy for them to blame the "unsupported" os.

From: Robert Freeman <robertgfreeman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 09:21:11
To: <Suzy.Vordos@xxxxxxxxx>; oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: CentOS & Oracle

I've not used it in production but I have used it for pretty heavy duty testing
including RAC. I've not had an issue with it.

RF

 Robert G. Freeman
Oracle ACE
Ask me about on-site Oracle Training! RMAN, DBA, Tuning, you name it!
Author:
Oracle Database 11g RMAN Backup and Recovery (Oracle Press) - ON ITS WAY SOON!
OCP: Oracle Database 11g Administrator Certified Professional Study Guide
(Sybex)
Other various titles
Check out my new blog series on installing Oracle Database 11gR2 on Windows
using VMWare!