Case study for interviewing Oracle DBA

  • From: "Shannon St. Dennis" <SStDennis@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 14:21:53 -0600

We are currently starting the process of interviewing/hiring a junior
dba.

My boss would like me to come up with a small case study (1/2 hour or
less - no reference materials) to help determine the actual level of
experience the applicants have.

The interview plan is :

Applicant comes in and is given the case study to work on for 1/2
hour.
After the 1/2 hour, interview starts.  During the interview, the
applicant will have to present his/her case study.

Does anyone have any ideas on a good simple case study example?

Shannon St. Dennis
Database Administrator
City of Regina
(306) 777-7415 (phone)
(306) 777-6804 (fax)
sstdennis@xxxxxxxxx

The degree of normality in a database is inversely proportional to that
of its DBA

DISCLAIMER: The information transmitted is intended only
for the addressee and may contain confidential,
proprietary and/or privileged material. Any
unauthorized review, distribution or other use
of or the taking of any action in reliance upon
this information is prohibited. If you received
this in error, please contact the sender and
delete or destroy this message and any copies.