Re: Case insensitive searches

  • From: "ed lewis" <eglewis71@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "oracle-l" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2014 13:46:10 -0400

   We did the same thing as Martin, and it worked OK.

   The only issue we had was with our logical standby DB.
Since many of the indexes were converted to FBI on the primary DB, it
caused tables scans on the LSB, and performance was unacceptable.
After trying a few things, we replaced the LSB with an
Active dataguard database, and the queries worked as expected.
It was a costly solution to the problem though.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Martin Klier" <usn@xxxxxxxxx>