Re: Case for Index Organized table?

  • From: "dbvision@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <dbvision@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 08:21:54 +0800

On Tue Apr 24  3:11 , "Ram Raman"  sent:

>Hi all,
>
>I got a requirement from the developers to build a new table which has a column
that will hold every second of every business day. That is the only column in
the
table. The table will be truncated everyday and loaded with the subsequent day's
time. The developers told me that this table speeds up their queries, I also
talked about using other ways but they said that they tested a few ways and
found
this one the best. They also want an index on that table. I am thinking of
creating an index organized table for this purpose. Does anyone foresee any
problem in this approach.

None at all.  But I'm having a lot of trouble
trying to visualize why a table with a row for every
second of a business day would need to be reloaded everyday?
What, different days have different seconds/time durations?
.
.
.