RE: Capacity Planner from OEM VS Statspack

  • From: "Jamadagni, Rajendra" <Rajendra.Jamadagni@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2004 10:08:33 -0500

Well I don't agree completely. Statspack has its own place and 10046 =
trace has its own. Statspack is supposed to give you a SNAPSHOT (or =
should we call it materialized view now ...?) of the system for a given =
time duration. Granted it is an overall picture but it will identify =
issues SYSTEMWIDE. It helps you concentrate in possible problem areas.

The 10046 trace OTOH is process (session) specific. It will allow you to =
identify issues within that specific process that you are tracing.=20

Statspack =3D> MACRO Level =3D> System Level
10046     =3D> Micro Level =3D> session level

My 0.15 cents.
Raj
-------
Rajendra dot Jamadagni at nospamespn dot com
All Views expressed in this email are strictly personal.
QOTD: Any clod can have facts, having an opinion is an art !