Re: Can't find the sql text from v$sql via the hash value

  • From: "Jurijs Velikanovs" <j.velikanovs@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Laimutis.Nedzinskas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2006 11:20:19 +0100

Eagle,

You wrote in you very fist post
When database hang, I got the sql hash value from v$session_wait view.
Just wonder what kind of EVENT you observed in a v$session_wait view
at the time of hang?
What were the parameters P1, P2, P3 ?

Yury
//www.freelists.org/archives/ora-apps-dba/05-2006/msg00000.html

On 6/19/06, Laimutis Nedzinskas <Laimutis.Nedzinskas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

what about locks?

________________________________ From: oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of eagle fan Sent: 17. júní 2006 18:35 To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Subject: Re: Can't find the sql text from v$sql via the hash value

Thanks for your reply.

The hang just last several seconds, after several seconds, the application client cancel the operation and mark the database as unavaliable.

Then we took the application clients back and connected to database again, but after a while ,the same problem happened again.

So I can't do snapshot when the database hung. We collected the statspack
every 15 minutes, but no useful info showed in it, because the hang just
last a very short period.

I run a monitor script to collect some infomation such as machine name ,
hash value , wait event from v$session_wait and v$session view tables. I got
the hash value from v$session, but I can't get the sql text. So I still
don't know what's the root cause.

The hash value seems is realated to "table_4_2000_f4e_0_0_0" , but not
related to the original sql text.

Why v$session view record this hash value? I think it should record the hash
value related to the original sql text.

-- Eagle Fan

Oracle DBA

Fyrirvari/Disclaimer http://www.landsbanki.is/disclaimer