Re: Can't drop a table, even as sysdba

  • From: Norman Dunbar <oracle@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 03 Aug 2012 07:54:52 +0100

Morning Thomas,

On 02/08/12 18:08, Thomas Day wrote:
> Looked for triggers with just DROP.  Fifteen of them.  Disabled one-by-one.
> The bad boy was MDSYS SDO_GEOR_DROP_USER.  Not sure why this was affecting
> the drop or truncate of an existing table.  When I disabled this things
> seemed to work fine.  I'm still investigating.

I've had trouble with that one myself. It's part of Spatial (and maybe
Locator aka Spatial Light.)

I have not investigated very much, but it appears that when
Spatial/Locator is installed, dropping a table requires a bit of
checking around to make sure any Spatial stuff (in MDSYS) is also
cleaned out properly.

I don't understand how your "junk" table was affected the way it was
though, that makes no sense. I'm sure a 10046 (or equivalent) trace
would probably help.

Cheers,
Norm.

--