Cant bring up cold backup

  • From: Bob <bobmetelsky@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 04 Jun 2005 08:13:38 -0400

All,
Oracle 10.1.0.3.0 on windows xp pro,  noarchivelog database was shutdown
cleanly

  I am trying to bring up a database from a cold backup, Using the same
dbname

1 - I create the service using oradim -new -sid somename -pfile ....
2 - edit the init.ora file to point to the new file locations
3 - use a alter database backup control file to trace, edit to point to the
new datafiles
4 - startup nomount, create control file as.... controlfile created
5 - alter database open
6 - file 1 needs recovery, (recover file 1, media recovery complete) repeat
files 1- 7

7 ERROR--> alter database open, host def does not exist disconnection forced

8 -full output can be found here

https://home.comcast.net/~bobmetelsky/

I've tried this with several cold database backups I have (all 10G) and
they all behave the
same way. Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

thanks
bob