Can an MV be converted into a "normal" table?

  • From: Rich <richa03@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Oracle-L Freelists <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2013 11:34:06 -0800

Hi List,
Oracle version 11.2 or higher (RHEL 6.3).

Subject nearly says it all:
Can an MV be directly (not CTAS) converted into a "normal" table?

I did a search of Oracle SQL syntax and I find nothing which would indicate
that this can be done.  If it can be done, would you please respond with a
link to the docs which shows it's possible?

If it can be done and if you've done it, would you please relate your
experiences as to how well it works and how fast it is?

Thanks,
Rich