Re: Can NOT startup database and got error ORA-27300, 27301 and 27302

  • From: Tony van Lingen <tony_vanlingen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mccdba1@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2009 11:08:42 +1000

The install guide typically assumes that your server runs only one instance of Oracle and absolutely nothing else - these figures are a minimum and for guidance only.

Things to try would be (assuming that you were able to run a database with the same memory requirements before):

- check memory usage. Semaphores use RAM, if RAM is exhausted, increasing semaphores won't help (file cache should shrink dynamically - disregard it) - increase the second and fourth parameter (semmns and semmni) for kernel.sem - check the messages log and dmesg - there may be another underlying OS problem

Cheers
Tony

dba1 mcc wrote:
Thank you for your help.  But my server semaphores are set up exactly same like
"installation guide":

kernel.sem = 250 32000 100 128

any other ideal?