Re: Can I tryst in "physical ... direct" figures?

  • From: "Jonathan Lewis" <jonathan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2004 07:01:07 +0100

As Terry points out, there could be a lot of sorting
going on.  Your figure would not be unreasonable
(for example) in a data warehouse that was doing
lots of 'Create table as select'/'report table'.

To increase confidence - you could cross-check these
figures against the tablespace I/O figures.  Direct writes
are usually multiblock writes.  Direct reads are usually
multiblock reads - the tablespace (and file) stats will
give you a further indication of what proportion of
your reads and writes were direct.

Regards

Jonathan Lewis

The Co-operative Oracle Users' FAQ

Optimising Oracle Seminar - schedule updated Sept 19th