Re: Can I pass a parameter into an RMAN Script?

  • From: "Niall Litchfield" <niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sbootsma@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 19:19:01 +0000

If you configure your default channels you won't need to do this - and can
have a global backup script as well. Our databases are configured like this

CONFIGURE CHANNEL DEVICE TYPE DISK FORMAT
'/DevBackups/db/<DBNAME>/bs_%d_%D%M%Y_%s%t.bak';
and then we have a few global scripts stored in the catalog to do full and
incremental backups etc.

HTH

Niall

--