RE: Can I pass a parameter into an RMAN Script?

  • From: <krish.hariharan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <sbootsma@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 11:24:48 -0700

I didn't think you could pass parameters. I have used shell scripts to
parameterize instead of calling stored scripts.  I would think you could use
global scripts, instead, and the flash recovery area to achieve your ends
(or for that matter stored configuration). I haven't used rman stored
scripts in many years and not sure what the behaviour is if you changed
catalogs.

Regards,

-Krish

Krish Hariharan

President/Executive Architect, Quasar Database Technologies, LLC

http://www.linkedin.com/in/quasardb

  _____