Can ASMLib and EMC PowerPath work together?

  • From: "Chen, Sarah" <Sarah_Chen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2005 11:28:29 -0500

Good morning

We are implementing Oracle 10gR2 64bit on RHAS4 with EMC storage system. We
are planning to take advantages of ASM in Oracle 10g, but would like to know
anyone had been successfully integrated ASM and EMC PowerPath in the
production RAC environment? We heard that there is problem, but also get an
update from Metalink - This is only an issue for Linux 2.4 kernels. Systems
with the Linux 2.6 kernel and the 2.0 ASMLib kernel driver are not affected.

Linux kernel version: 2.6.9-22.0.1ELsmp
ASMLib version: ASMLib 2.0

Thanks
Sarah Chen