RE: CamelCase For Procedures Names

  • From: <Joel.Patterson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jkstill@xxxxxxxxx>, <JChirco@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 May 2012 13:16:01 -0400

Well I googled around and didn't find Richard Barker deal with the names, but I
did find that he was Brit, followed by this quote on stackoverflow  (which the
closer I read it the more it seems the sentence contradicts itself - I think
the hypothesis should reference an American using a singular noun - which could
explain a lot --  c'est la vie).

In British English, a collective object is often grammatically plural, e.g.,
"the committee were unable to agree" versus American English "the committee was
unable to agree". So I hypothesized that a Brit might be more willing to use a
singular noun for a collection of things. -
Ken<http://stackoverflow.com/users/82793/ken> May 1 '09 at
20:03<http://stackoverflow.com/questions/808992/singular-or-plural-database-table-names#comment622606_809006>

:)   (just keeping it light).

Joel Patterson