RE: Call for Presenters

  • From: Pete Sharman <peter.sharman@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2004 14:32:07 +1000

Well, it was worth a try!  :)

Actually, it made me remember some of the classic vendor presentations I've
walked out of in the past.  Things like the You Probably Shouldn't Need to
Reorg by a vendor of a reorg product, who then went ahead and told us that one
of the few valid reasons for reorging was b-tree indexes getting out of balance
(for example, with one branch 3 deep and another 4)!

Ah yes, I remember so well the feeling of choking back laughter as I ran from
the room.  :)

Pete

Kevin Loney, Oracle DBA Handbook

"Oh no, it's not.  It's much harder than that!"
Bruce Pihlamae, long-term Oracle DBA