CTX Indexes

  • From: "Mercadante, Thomas F (LABOR)" <Thomas.Mercadante@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "oracle-l" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 07:59:42 -0400

All,

We are just creating CTX type indexes for the first time and I have a
couple of questions.

I know that I need to periodically resync the indexes using the Ctx_ddl
package.  We plan on doing this nightly for now until the apps folks
tell us it needs to be done more often.

I also tried to gather stats on the index, but the stats columns in the
user_indexes view did not get updated.  Is gathering stats on ctx type
indexes a waste of time?  Should I be gathering stats on some CTX tables
instead - like the DR$INDEX_VALUE table where all of the data from the
column is actually stored (this is a big assumption on my part)?

Thanks

Tom