CTX_DDL question

  • From: rjamya <rjamya@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Oracle Discussion List <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2004 08:29:54 -0500

Hi all,

I don't have much experience with ctx_ddl package and how it works. We
recently tried to perform a FULL optimize on one of context indexes,
and it took around 20 hours on a slow day.

On a second db, I tried to perform the same operation with
PARALLEL_DEGREE (a parameter to full optimize procedure) of 8 and the
process finished in 4 minutes. Since it didn't register anything in
dr$index_stats, I assume it didn't do anything.

any tricks to speed up this process? 9204/aix5.2ml2/24cpu/32gb

TIA
Raj
select standard_disclaimer from company_requirements where category =
'MANDATORY';