Re: CPU Usage in running process on HP-UX 11.31

  • From: Stefan Knecht <knecht.stefan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Andrew Kerber <andrew.kerber@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2009 09:59:40 +0200

Thanks for the input ...

Andrew: We're way past this already. The system has been running stable and
well performing for a long time (using dedicated servers). Lately, due to
increasing number of users we've been running out of memory. Hence, shared
servers were turned on. And now we're running low on CPU due to the
dispatchers eating it all up. (before switching to shared server, CPU usage
was constantly at about 50%).

Tanel: You're right. However, we're on PA-Risc and pstack isn't available
there. So I suppose we have to use a debugger to get that information. And
I'm a bit reluctant to attach to a running process in production with a
debugger.

Cheers

Stefan

=========================