CPU Time

  • From: Jaffar_DBA <sjaffarhussain@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Active DBA <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2005 16:48:52 +0300

Hello list,

If I have CPU time as my top most wait, what should I look for reducing it?
Below are my top fives events and almost always, the top wait event is
CPU Time .

Top 5 Timed Events
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~                                                     % Total
Event                                               Waits    Time (s) Ela Time
-------------------------------------------- ------------ ----------- --------
CPU time
   4,625    91.49
db file sequential read                            95,317         140     2.76
log file sync                                            47,051
 118     2.33
log file parallel write                                55,772
79     1.56
SQL*Net more data to client                    46,977          69     1.36

Application background:

My application is an oline share trading application. We have only 3
hours in the morning and 3 hours in the evening trading session.

--
Best Regards,
Jaffar, OCP DBA