RE: CEO's head in the Cloud

  • From: <Joel.Patterson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <cicciuxdba@xxxxxxxxx>, <jwilton@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2010 15:23:59 -0400

I went to an oracle security course at oracle in Orlando, and the
instructor logged us on to VM images he kept in an amazon cloud.   He
claimed it came down to about $1.00/per student per hour....

Just being a messenger, but like they say, it depends.    Start with a
new image everytime...  small simple small database... and it seems as
though that was a cost effective application of the cloud if what he
said is indeed the whole cost.

Joel Patterson
Database Administrator
904 727-2546