Re: By default, LOB store in line or out of line?

  • From: du shenglin <shenglin.du@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kamusis@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2012 08:57:48 +0800

I have the similar painful case to migrate from LONG(most are chain row) to
LOB. the bottleneck for us is the 'db file sequential read' with undo. Once
CTAS started to read UNDO, it will became worse and worse. Even read one
data block, it will need much more read of undo data. Finally, it failed
with ORA-01555.
Now, we decided to export from physical standby database. (open read only)
if so, we don't need to the undo read.
on primary, we created the trigger to record the changed PK values. Once
finishing the export/import, we will use script to sync up data based on
these PK data
Thanks
Shenglin