Re: Bulk loading partitioned tables slower than heap tables?

  • From: "Stephen Andert" <andert@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ax.mount@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 21:38:43 -0700

When I was loading data into partitioned tables, we were able to get our
AppDev folks to provide the data in separate files for each partition.  Data
something to discuss for future loads.

Stephen

On 6/23/06, amonte <ax.mount@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi

I was wondering if anyone has experience bulk loading data to partitioned
tables? I have run some tests and running bulk load (insert append) into
partitioned tables is actually 40% more costy. For example to load up a 80
million rows table it takes around 8 minutes whereas with plain heap table
it only takes 5

Test used:
LMT with 16MB uniform size extent
No ASSM