Re: Building Slow Development Systems (On Purpose)

  • From: Stephane Faroult <sfaroult@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kerry.osborne@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 May 2009 21:39:15 +0200

Kerry,

    I think it's a great idea. I remember having read when I was a kid
that the guy who won the gold medal for discus throwing at the very
first Olympic Games had used for training a copy of the discus used by
athletes in the antiquity - which was must heavier than its modern
counterpart.
A very small SDU in the tnsnames.ora file could also incite developers
to perform fewer roundtrips. Putting redo log files on a very slow (or
very busy) disc could calm down folks that commit every row they insert.
The sad thing is that I don't see how to make PL/SQL cursor loops slower
than they are ...

HTH

SF