Re: Buffer cache hit very low...!!!

  • From: "Michael McMullen" <ganstadba@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jkstill@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 09:45:54 -0400

Well, I did ask for platform. And a 40Gb database on windows 2000 SE, how
many people have those? large batch jobs running, small buffer cache. my
advice is just as good as telling him to get some books. and the rest of my
email did explain how i did tune(by analyzing)  a statement that would have
had a very high BCHR into one that ran faster but would have had a very low
BCHR.
I also stated that increasing to 2Gb would stop the OEM people from bugging
him. I guess I could have put smileys everywhere but I leave that for the
kids.
Also, the db_cache_size is there for a reason. At some point size matters, I
always go for making it big and then forgetting about it. Rather than small
and wondering if i should enlarge it by how much.
Now that last statement could really use some smileys.