Re: Buffer cache LRU

  • From: Taral Desai <taral.desai@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Stephens, Chris" <Chris.Stephens@xxxxxxx>, "tim@xxxxxxxxx" <tim@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Jan 2010 09:57:58 -0600

Thanks Chris And Tim for providing this document. I had gone through that
document but i was wondering if i can get this information

As oracle 11g Documentation says for all dirty, cold , free and hot there is
only one list is maintained. May be i am interpreting wrong.

I was under impression that there is a different LRU which is LRUW for write
list but this says LRU maintains both cold, dirty, free, hot all pointers.

1. How to you find that particular buffer in hot, cold or dirty ?

2. How to find buffer is in which list LRU or LRUW ?

To find this do we need SGA dump and if yes where to find this information."

--

Thanks & Regards,
Taral Desai
Samuel Goldwyn<http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/s/samuel_goldwyn.html>
- "I don't think anyone should write their autobiography until after
they're dead."