Re: Block dump - Uncommitted TXN - Help Urgent

  • From: BN <bnsarma@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "John Kanagaraj" <john.kanagaraj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 14:32:59 -0400

On 9/19/06, John Kanagaraj <john.kanagaraj@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

BN,

> > I wasn't sure where the Blocker loosing his time, Later in the evening
, I
> noticed that there were many ST enqueue locks (no, we are not using LMTS
-
> For all new tables I am pushing LMTS).  I am assuming that this could be
an
> issue. Bumped up the next extent size. The tables were large and extents
> were in 1000s.
> >
> > I am also monitoring v$session_wait. Its intermittent and fast. The
users
> complain that they are stuck and if they retry they are back to normal.

Is your "TEMP" tablespace LMT or Dict? Is it of type temporary or
normal? I ask this because you mention ST enqueue and this is held for
creating/dropping extents in a dict managed tbs.... You might be
mistaking a 'enqueue' wait for a user lock when it is actually waiting
for a "system" lock (on FET$ and UET$)....

--
John Kanagaraj <><
DB Soft Inc

Disappointment is always inevitable; Discouragement is invariably optional

Greetings John

TBS             STATUS    CONTENTS  EXTENT_MAN ALLOCATIO
TEMP            ONLINE    TEMPORARY LOCAL      UNIFORM

-- Regards & Thanks BN