Re: Block dump - Uncommitted TXN - Help Urgent

  • From: "John Kanagaraj" <john.kanagaraj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bnsarma@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 11:11:23 -0700

BN,

> I wasn't sure where the Blocker loosing his time, Later in the evening , I
noticed that there were many ST enqueue locks (no, we are not using LMTS -
For all new tables I am pushing LMTS).  I am assuming that this could be an
issue. Bumped up the next extent size. The tables were large and extents
were in 1000s.

> I am also monitoring v$session_wait. Its intermittent and fast. The users
complain that they are stuck and if they retry they are back to normal.

Is your "TEMP" tablespace LMT or Dict? Is it of type temporary or normal? I ask this because you mention ST enqueue and this is held for creating/dropping extents in a dict managed tbs.... You might be mistaking a 'enqueue' wait for a user lock when it is actually waiting for a "system" lock (on FET$ and UET$)....

--
John Kanagaraj <><
DB Soft Inc

Disappointment is always inevitable; Discouragement is invariably optional