Re: Block corruption problem -- advice needed

  • From: K Gopalakrishnan <kaygopal@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Oracle List <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2004 10:21:02 -0700 (PDT)

Diego:

I assume the corrupted blocks belong to tables. And also I understand
from your mail, that you were able to dump those corrupted blocks to
the trace file. In that case, you can just skip the corrupted blocks
and regenerate the data from the trace file and manually insert them.
If the corruption is because of head-tail mismatch, you can BBED them
and put the required number at the checksum.

=====
Have a nice day !!
Best Regards,
K Gopalakrishnan,
Co-Author: Oracle Wait Interface: Oracle Press 2004.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/007222729X/

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail