RE: Block & Cache, Tuning

  • From: "Hallas, John, Tech Dev" <John.Hallas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2004 10:12:55 -0000

You don't in 9i

The FAST_START_IO_TARGET initialization parameter is used to specify the =
maximum number of dirty blocks in the buffer cache.=20
Its use has been deprecated in favour of the FAST_START_MTTR_TARGET. (it =
is only there to be backward compatible)

In addition the DB_BLOCK_MAX_DIRTY_TARGET parameter has been removed