RE: Bind variables peeked on first parse, but not on subsequent hard parses

  • From: "Allen, Brandon" <Brandon.Allen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Martin Ruthner <ruthner@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "kerry.osborne@xxxxxxxxxxx" <kerry.osborne@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Oracle-L Freelists <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2009 17:17:11 -0700

So much for that idea - I downloaded and installed patch 5614566 successfully,
ran dbmspool.sql to recreate the dbms_shared_pool package with the purge
procedure, set event 5614566 as instructed in MOS 751876.1 and restarted the
instance.  When I ran the purge procedure, it said it executed successfully,
however the query still stayed in the shared pool, and then when I tried to run
purge again it failed with "ORA-6558: buffer in dbms_pipe is full", so I gave
up at that point.  I'll have to find another way to test . . .