Bind variables and function based index

  • From: "Kumar Madduri" <ksmadduri@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 6 May 2008 16:54:31 -0700

Hi
Is there any restriction with bind variables and function based indexes. I
noticed that if I have literals fbi is being used but if I replace that with
bind variables then fbi is not used. DB version is 10.2.0.1. You cant seem
to force it to use FBI through hints also. As I am investigating this, I
thought of posting here to see if there are any known issues or restrictions
that prevent function based indexes usage with bind variables.
QUERY_REWRITE_INTEGRITY is set to trusted and query_rewrite_enabled is true.

thank you
- kumar