Bind variable peeking and Dynamic sampling

  • From: fairlie rego <fairlie_r@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Oracle-L <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 May 2007 01:43:24 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

  I am at a site which is a high intensive OLTP site doing more than 400
txns/sec on a 8 node cluster on 10.1.0.5 RAC. We are thinking of switching off
bind variable peeking and looking into an optimal value of dynamic sampling
since we have plans flipping all the time and causing havoc.

  I would like to know if there are any other customers who have disabled bind
variable peeking and what value of dynamic sampling is being used by them

  Thanks
  Fairlie

          Fairlie Rego
Senior Oracle Consultant