Re: Big bums

  • From: Norman Dunbar <oracle@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: knecht.stefan@xxxxxxxxx, oracle-l-freelists <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 May 2020 08:05:23 +0100

On 26/05/2020 05:42, Stefan Knecht wrote:

Am I turning into the dinosaur here or are we still supposedly fighting an uphill battle against this?

Well, if you are a dinosaur, then I must be too. But then again, I've been on the wrong end of an Oracle Licencing audit caused by - if I remember - 10.2.0.5 patching are re-enabling all the extra cost options that I had carefully disabled at the original 10.2.0.3 install. Most annoying indeed. I do not trust Oracle at all these days.

I agree too that the less there is installed, the less there is to patch, with hopefully, less downtime where downtime is needed for patching.

Just my £0.03 (£0.02 + VAT)

Cheers,
Norm.

--