Re: Better Delete method

  • From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2021 16:06:36 -0400

He doesn't ACID requirements are obsolete. Database recovery is obsolete. Backup is obsolete. Those are all terms from the 70's or even earlier. Everything is solved by the magic word "cloud" and if you add the magic workd "AI", the magic gets even stronger. So, for AI based cloud implementations, backup, recovery and data consistency are all obsolete. I should apply for a position in AWS marketing department. Long time ago, the comic "Wizard of Id" was very popular. Apparently, the citizens of Id are moving to the IT these days, along with the Elbonians. Backup, recovery and ACID requirements can be covered by the SEP field (see Douglas Adams) and we should not concern ourselves with such minute and unimportant details. AI! Cloud!

On 7/11/21 1:19 PM, Jonathan Lewis wrote:

And how exactly does a user rollback when there is no undo information - other then doing a partial database recovery (which is how it could become possible to avoid applying the "dml_no_consistency read" redo vectors).

--
Mladen Gogala
Database Consultant