Re: Best way to monitor ASM disk groups for freespace

  • From: "Alex Gorbachev" <gorbyx@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sperry@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 20:37:46 +0200

If your archived redo logs are in flash recovery area than Oracle
already monitors it and you can either chesk it in the
DBA_CURRENT_ALERTS (I might be wrong with name) or in alert.log or
subscribe to notofications via advanced queue (if I remeber correctly
this last part).

2006/5/17, Steve Perry <sperry@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
I ran into a problem a few weeks back where the ASM archive
destination filled up.
I wrote a sql script to test the freespace in the disk groups against
some thresholds and create a logfile.  sqlplus will either exit with
"0" - good or "number" numbers of exceptions or alerts.
The shell script that calls it will tail the log for the #of lines
returned from sqlplus and use "logger" to write a message to /var/log/
messages so our monitoring package will pick them up.

Is anyone else monitoring ASM for freespace? If so, how are you doing
it? I heard that OEM will do it, but we aren't using it.

--
Best regards,
Alex Gorbachev

http://oracloid.blogspot.com