Re: Best Goldengate training

  • From: Hans Forbrich <fuzzy.graybeard@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2015 09:42:33 -0600

On 14/04/2015 8:45 AM, Andrew Kerber wrote:

Hi. It looks like I will need to be taking Goldengate training in the next
year or so. Are there opinions on who offers the best training? Feel free to
respond privately if you prefer.

Sent from my iPad--
//www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l
Define your objectives with the training:

1) Dev/User vs Admin
2) Syntax vs Concept
3) Which version(s)
4) How close to your specific environment do you want to be (eg: customization)
5) How much time are you willing to allocate to the course
6) Your budget

(Of course, you don't share 5) and 6) , BUT they are important criteria in the evaluation.)

I am biased since I teach the Oracle University GG classes, but I find the OU Golden Gate classes to be pretty decent in quality and content. A tad on the expensive side, yes, but that is to be expected give the source. http://education.oracle.com and enter 'Golden Gate' into the search box.

/Hans